Percy Bigmouth papers
Percy Bigmouth papers
Dates: 1945-ca. 1959
Contains various Mescalero Apache legends recorded by Percy Bigmouth at the request of Carolyn Block (later Akrom). Also includes correspondence, almost entirely from Percy Bigmouth. Book three includes photographs of Bigmouth and two short essays about Percy Bigmouth. There is also a statement made by Bigmouth, Percy's father, on the history of the Mescalero Apaches.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Ankram, Sue Carolyn Block. -- Bigmouth, Percy, 1891-1959
- Call Number: MSS 1991
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Originals restricted. Photocopies for patron use.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1991; Papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1991, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; Carolyn Ankrom; 1986.
- Subject Terms
- Apache Indians--Folklore; Home and Family; Mescalero Indian Reservation (N.M.); Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Drafts (Documents); Essays; Letters; Photographic prints
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Bigmouth (Percy) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-04-18T10:43-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Percy Bigmouth, Mescalero Apache Indian, U.S. Forest Ranger for Mescalero Reservation.
comments powered by Disqus