Harrison Davis papers
Harrison Davis papers
Professional papers documenting Davis' academic career at Brigham Young University. Diaries, research notes, photographs, reel-to-reel sound tapes, cassette tapes, maps, correspondence, and postcards. The collection relates to the teaching of humanities, geography, and anthropology. The items also deal with Harrison's studies in numerology; dowsing; "synchronicity"; "coincidence studies"; Mormon history and cities; Massachusetts; Cache Valley, Utah; Wales; and Rexburg, Idaho. The collection also includes materials dealing with ancient civilizations, the Holocaust, and Nazism. Also contains reports of the National Humanities Faculty organization.
- Extent: 1 oversize item 1 oversized canister. -- 43 cartons (43 linear ft.)
- Creator: Davis, Harrison M.
- Call Number: MSS 2023
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: The materials are not fully processed. Access only with permission from the reference staff.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 2023; Harrison Davis papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 2023, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- National Humanities Faculty--History--Sources; Anthropology--Study and teaching--Utah--Provo; Cache Valley (Utah and Idaho); Colleges and Universities; Dowsing--Study and teaching--Utah--Provo; Education; Geography--Study and teaching--Utah--Provo; Holocaust; Humanities--Study and teaching--Utah--Provo; Massachusetts--History; Mormon Church--History; National socialism; Numerology--Study and teaching; Rexburg (Idaho)--History; Wales
- Genre / Form
- Diaries; Letters; Maps; Notes; Photographs; Postcards
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Davis (Harrison) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T11:46-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Faculty member, Brigham Young University English Department, circa 1960s to his death in 1996.
comments powered by Disqus