Miles Anderson papers
Miles Anderson papers
This collection contains 2 diaries covering briefly related experiences and financial dealings of Anderson during the period of 1842-1856, from Nauvoo to the Utah Territory. Also includes patriarchal blessings given by Hyrum Smith and John Smith, as well as other documents and correspondence. Two diaries, family correspondence, patriarchal blessings, family land deeds, Nauvoo Legion Certificate, and War of 1812 pension certificate.
- Extent: 1 oversize folder (0.3 linear ft.). -- 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Anderson, Miles, 1795-1876 or 7. -- Anderson, William Rucker, 1842-1939
- Call Number: MSS 2061
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Originals restricted. Photocopies available for patron use.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 2061; Miles Anderson papers; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 2061, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- The items in this collection remained in the possession of the Anderson family until being donated to BYU in June 1997. Pat Hansen, the donor, received the items from her grandmother, Eliza Ann Anderson Gunn, who inherited them from her grandfather, Miles Anderson.
- Acquisition Information
- Pat Hansen, June 1997.
- Other Finding Aids
- Item-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2061.xml
- Subject Terms
- Anderson, Nathan E., 1752-1803; Ford, Thomas, 1800-1850; Lee, John D. (John Doyle), 1812-1877; Smith, Hyrum, 1800-1844; Smith, John, 1832-1911; Stout, Hosea, 1810-1889; California; Georgia; Home and Family; Nauvoo (Ill.); Social Life and Customs; Tennessee; Utah
- Genre / Form
- Certificates; Deeds; Diaries; Letters
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Anderson (Miles) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Amy Perez
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-09-12T09:42-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Miles Anderson (1795-1896) fought in the War of 1812 and enlisted in the Georgia Militia. He married Nancy Pace in 1821 and they had nine children. He joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1842 and emigrated to Salt Lake City, Utah in 1851. He served a mission to Las Vegas with his son, William Rucker from 1856-1857.
comments powered by Disqus