Ernest Conrad Jeppsen papers
Ernest Conrad Jeppsen papers
This collection of twelve cartons and one box is comprised of various files, personal papers, photographs and printed materials concerning industrial education, BYU, genealogy, and other topics. Cartons 1 and 2 contain a number of books related to BYU, engineering, industrial arts, and teaching. Cartons 3 through 5 contain files and printed items, many of which relate to the College of Industrial and Technical Education. Some of Jeppsen's personal papers make up cartons 6 and 8 and include several desk diaries and assorted correspondence. Boxes 7 and 9 through 12 contain similar files and printed items as the previously mentioned cartons. Of note is a binder of news clippings from Panama relating to the Institute of Inter-American Affairs that is located in carton 10. The final box in the collection, box 13, contains photographs, slides, and filmstrips on the Institute of Inter-American Affairs, and BYU.
- Extent: 12 cartons (12 linear ft.)
- Creator: Jeppsen, Ernest C., 1903
- Call Number: MSS 2081
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Unprocessed collection. No public access except by permission of Special Collections Reference Librarian.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Ernest Conrad Jeppsen papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 2081; Ernest Conrad Jeppsen papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 2081, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Acquired in 1990.
- Acquisition Information
- Acquired; 1990.
- Separated Material
- Information in the collection case file suggests that there is also an oversized box of material that belongs with this collection. The whereabouts of this box is unknown as of 22 February 2001.
- Other Finding Aids
- Box-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2081.xml
- Subject Terms
- Institute of Inter-American Affairs (U.S.); Colleges and Universities; Education; Genealogy; Panama; Vocational education--Utah
- Genre / Form
- Filmstrips; Photographs; Slides (Photography)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Brian D. Reeves (University Archivist); February 2001.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th & 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts Collecting Policy, 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jeppsen (Ernest Conrad) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Brian D. Reeves
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-03-14T15:46-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid encoded in English.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Served in following capacities at Brigham Young University: director, Technical Institute, 1959-1972; dean, General College, 1963-1965; dean, College of Industrial and Technical Education, 1965-1972.
comments powered by Disqus