Justin Willis Knapp papers
Justin Willis Knapp papers
The contents of this collection include: autobiographies, missionary record books, and a mission account book of Justin Willis Knapp. Alma Helaman Hale, Jr. Collection was donated by the same donor. She is a descendent of both of the men. Mabel F. Hale was the daughter of Alma Helaman Hale, Jr, who married Justin Willis Knapp. Autobiography of Justin Willis Knapp and Samuel Rich South; and Central States Mission.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Knapp, Justin Willis, 1886-1969. -- South, Melinda
- Call Number: MSS 2085
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Collection consists of two series: Series 1 Justin Willis Knapp autobiographies and Series 2 Justin Willis Knapp mission papers.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 2085; Justin Willis Knapp papers; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 2085, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- The collection was donated to the Brigham Young University Library on 8 December 1997. Melinda South, a descendant of the creator of the collection.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Melinda South.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2085.xml
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Central States Mission; Knapp, Justin Willis, 1886-1969; South, Samuel Rich, 1871-1949; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Missions--Central States; Mormon missionaries--Central States; Rexburg (Idaho)
- Genre / Form
- Accounts; Autobiographies; Diaries
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Knapp (Justin Willis) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:29-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Justin Willis Knapp was born on October 5, 1886 to Justin Abraham Knapp and Anna Eliza Lemmon in Richmond, Cache, Utah. Served a mission to the Central States, commencing in 1908. Married Mabel F. Hale on August 17, 1910 in Salt Lake Temple. They had nine children, though only seven lived to adulthood. Died June 15, 1969.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 2085
Justin Willis Knapp autobiographies
Justin Willis Knapp mission papers
Help with this Collection
Curator - 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts