Ruth H. Barrus papers
Ruth H. Barrus papers
Dates: approximately 1933-1979
Papers and scrapbooks relating to her work in humanities and music at Ricks College, her role as mother and wife, and position as 1978 Idaho Mother of the Year. Collection includes correspondence, newspaper clippings, personal journals (1976-1979), class syllabi, grant applications, and papers written for publication and presentation. Includes information on the 1976 Teton Dam disaster.
- Extent: 9 boxes (4.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Barrus, Ruth Hammond, 1912-1980
- Call Number: MSS 2092
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Unprocessed collection. No public access except by permission of Special Collections Reference Librarian.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Ruth H. Barrus papers must be obtained from theSupervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 2092; Ruth H. Barrus papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 2092, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- Box-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2092.xml
- Subject Terms
- Ricks College (Rexburg, Idaho)--Faculty; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Colleges and Universities; Education; Mormon women; Mothers; Music; Organ (Musical instrument)--Instruction and study; Piano--Instruction and study; Rexburg (Idaho); Sugar City (Idaho); Teton Dam (Idaho)
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Diaries; Letters; Outlines; Scrapbooks; Speeches, addresses, etc.
- Physical Location
- These materials were transerred to BYU-Idaho on 21 May 2004. There are unavailable at BYU-Provo.
- Processing Information
- Processed; Brian D. Reeves (University Archivist) & Anissa Olson (Volunteer); October 1998.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS, Utah, and Western American women (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.V, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Barrus (Ruth H.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Brian D. Reeves & Anissa Olson
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-09-30T09:48-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid encoded in English.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Member of Ricks College faculty, 1934-1977: taught piano and organ; chair of Department of Humanities. Idaho Mother of the Year, 1978. Resident of Sugar City, Idaho.
comments powered by Disqus