Walter S. Hedquist papers
Walter S. Hedquist papers
Dates: approximately 1918-1981
The Walter Hedquist papers include various business and legal records for the Hedquist Drug Store #1 and Hedquist Drug Store #2 (both on Center Street in downtown Provo), Inland Real Estate and Development Company, Utah Valley Investment Company, the Provo chapter of the Kiwanis Club (a civic organization), and Inter-Mountain Rexall Club (a regional retail pharmaceutical organization). The papers are also connected with Alex Hedquist, Walter’s father. Collection also includes certificates, postcards, a painting, and player piano music.
- Extent: 1 oversize box (2 linear ft.). -- 6 cartons (6 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hedquist, Walter Strong, 1900-1986
- Call Number: MSS 2130
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Walter S. Hedquist papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 2130; Walter S. Hedquist papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 2130, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Mary Carol (Hedquist) Allred and Norma Mitchell on May 4, 1999 and August 7, 2004.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Mary Carol (Hedquist) Allred and Norma Mitchell; 1999 and 2004.
- Separated Material
- Books donated to the Harold B. Lee Library (general stacks) 29 books: 1. American Institute of Banking, "Bank Administration", 1953. 2. American Institute of Banking, "Commercial Law", 1947. 3. American Institute of Banking, "Negotiable Instruments", 1941, 1947. 4. American Institute of Banking, "Standard Economics", 1923. 5. Arnold, Oren, "The Widening Path-An Interpretive Record of Kiwanis", 1949. 6. Beard, Charles A. and Mary R., "The Rise of American Civilization", 1930. 7. Brigham Young University, "Brigham Young University National Champions", 1984. 8. Brigham Young University, Omega Nu-Honorary Journalism Fraternity, The "Wye" - Autumn Issue. 1939. 9. Buck, Pearl S., "American Unity and Asia", 1942. 10. Butterworth, Edwin Jr., "Brigham Young University-1000 Views of 100 Years", 1975. 11. Canada Year Book Handbook and Library Division Dominion Bureau of Statistics Ottawa "Canada-One Hundred 1867-1967", 1967. 12. Christensen, N. LaVerl, "Provo’s Two Tabernacles and the People Who Built Them", 1983. 13. Cowley, Matthew, "Matthew Cowley...Speaks", 1954. 14. Cvetic, Matt, "The Big Decision", 1959-60. 15. Dahl, Richard, "BYU’s Stan Watts-The Man and His Game", 1976. 16. Harlan, Hugh V., "History of Olympic Games-Ancient and Modern", 1931,1932,1964. 17. Heyerdahl, Thor, "Aku-Aku, The Secret of Easter Island", 1958. 18. Hunter, Estelle B., "A New Self-Teaching Course in Practical English and Effective Speech", 1930,1933,1935,1936. 19. James, Paul, "Cougar Tales", 1984. 20. Lilly, Eli and Co, "De Re Medicina", 1941. 21. Malmquist, O.N., "The First 100 Years-A History of the Salt Lake Tribune 1871-1971", 1971. 22. Merwin, Samuel, "Rise and Fight Again", 1935. 23. Noel, H. S. (Compiled and edited by) "The Modern Apothecary", 1941. 24. O’Brien, Frederick, "White Shadows in the South Seas", 1919. 25. Reuben H. Donnelley Corporation, "Modern Drugs", 1965. 26. Rock, Brad, and Warnick, Lee, "Greatest Moments in BYU Sports", 1984. 27. Russell, Dora (Mrs. Betrand), "The Right to be Happy", 1927. 28. Smith, George Adam, "The Historical Geography of the Holy Land", 1966. 29. Wilkinson, Ernest L., and Skousen, W. Cleon, "Brigham Young University-A School of Destiny", 1976.
- Other Finding Aids
- Item-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2130.xml
- Related Material
- See also the Alex Hedquist papers (MSS 1844).
- Subject Terms
- Business enterprises--Utah--Provo; Businessmen--Utah--Provo; City and Town Life; Provo (Utah)--Politics and government; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Certificates; Paintings; Piano player rolls; Postcards
- Processing Information
- Processed; Harvard Heath and Jonathan Farrell; 2006.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hedquist (Walter S.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Harvard Heath and Jonathan Farrell
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-03T04:09-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Walter Hedquist was a Provo, Utah pharmacist and businessman, circa 1930 to 1986. His father Alex Hedquist was also a prominent Provo businessmen (see Alex’s papers under call number MSS 1844).
comments powered by Disqus