Howard Pearson papers
Howard Pearson papers
The collection contains an assortment of public and private papers belonging to Pearson. The personal papers include awards he received in conjunction with both work and personal pursuits. Correspondence, keepsakes, and souvenirs comprise other personal papers. The rest of the collection is made up of various publications, interviews, and other work-related projects that provide insight into the development of film and television media over the span of several decades.
- Extent: 12 cartons (12 linear ft.). -- 2 oversize boxes (2.66 linear ft.)
- Creator: Harold B. Lee Library. Department of Special Collections & Manuscripts. -- Pearson, Howard, 1917-1984
- Call Number: MSS 2147
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Arts & Communications Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: These materials may not be used until fully processed, and then only with the permission of the curator.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Howard Pearson papers must be obtained from the Permissions & Licensing Office of the University and the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 2147; Howard Pearson papers, 1946-1984; Arts and Communications Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 2147, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Papers passed from creator to his daughter, Barbara, who donated them to BYU.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Barbara Pearson.
- Other Finding Aids
- Item-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2147.xml
- Subject Terms
- Deseret News (Firm); Pearson, Howard, 1917-1984; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Journalism; Salt Lake City (Utah)
- Genre / Form
- Audiocassettes; Interviews; Letters; Photographs; Press releases; Videocassettes
- Processing Information
- Processed; James V. D'Arc and John N. Gillespie; 1999.
- Appraisal Information
- Arts and Communications. Social history of Utah in regards to media.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Pearson (Howard) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by James V. D'Arc and John N. Gillespie
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-10-07T15:13-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid encoded in English.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Pearson was motion picture and television editor for the "Deseret News" from the 1940s until the 1980s.
comments powered by Disqus