Lisa Mitchell papers
Lisa Mitchell papers
Contains correspondence, reviews, film reels, press kits, and newspaper and magazine articles written by Mitchell. Also included are photographs, posters, and other materials regarding Merlene of the Movies and Divine Mercy, No Escape. Two prospecti on proposed books about Cecil B. DeMille and the 1956 motion picture The Ten Commandments are among the materials, along with musical programs from Annie, Fiddler on the Roof, and others. Also included are video tapes of Mitchell's speeches 50-plus and Living, Spiritual Awakening, and a forum speech. Dated 1955-1999.
- Extent: 3 oversize folders (4 linear ft.). -- 6 cartons (6 linear ft.). -- 1 item (1 linear ft.). -- 1 oversize box (2.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Mitchell, Lisa, 1940
- Call Number: MSS 2149
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Arts & Communications Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Lisa Mitchell papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators. No duplication of commercial videocassettes is allowed without written permission from the copyright holder.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 2149; Lisa Mitchell papers; Arts and Communications; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 2149, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Lisa Mitchell in 1993.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Lisa Mitchell; 1993.
- Subject Terms
- DeMille, Cecil B. (Cecil Blount), 1881-1959; Mitchell, Lisa, 1940---Archives; Material Types; Motion pictures; Motion pictures--Production and direction--United States
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Newspapers; Periodicals; Posters; Scrapbooks; Videotapes
- Ten commandments (Motion picture : 1956)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Katie Connors, student processor and John Murphy, curator; 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- Arts and Communications.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Mitchell (Lisa) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Katie Connors, student processor and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-05-18T04:00-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Lisa Mitchell (born 1940) is an actress and writer in California.
Lisa Mitchell was born in 1940 and began her career as an actress at age fifteen when she played a daughter of Jethro in The Ten Commandments. She acted in films and television over the next sixteen years while continuing her education. After graduating with honors from Immaculate Heart College, Mitchell started her professional writing career. Mitchell has written hundreds of book reviews for the Los Angeles Times column. Her articles range from celebrity interviews, social commentaries and literary essays, short stories, and poetry. She has written two award-winning movies: Divine Mercy, No Escape and Merlene of the Movies. Mitchell has written and produced hundreds of half-hour programs for the television series, Heart of the Nation. Mitchell has assisted in fiction classes at Immaculate Heart College and lectured in Hollywood. She has won prizes at three international film festivals.
comments powered by Disqus