Dean Fausett papers
Dean Fausett papers
Much of the collection is composed of subject files, labeled and in the order in which they arrived at the repository. The files cover subjects such as different museums and art organizations, people and correspondence, and everyday files regarding taxes and bills. The personal papers of Dean Fausett also contain a significant number of photographs, many capturing Dean while painting, others posed shots of Dean and acquaintances, and others landscapes. Following the subject files, correspondence, and other papers of Dean are two more series. One contains transparencies of approximately two hundred of Dean's art pieces while the other is comprised of five color lithographs.
- Extent: 39 boxes (19.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Fausett, Dean, 1913-1998
- Call Number: MSS 2155
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Arts & Communications Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Collection arranged in three series: 1. Dean Fausett subject files, correspondence, and other papers, undated; 2. Dean Fausett transparencies, undated; and 3. Dean Fausett color lithographs, undated.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Dean Fausett papers and photographs must be obtained from theSupervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 2155; Dean Fausett papers and photographs; Arts and Communications Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 2155, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by the creator.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Dean Fausett.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2155.xml
- Subject Terms
- Artists--United States; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Fine Arts; Portrait painters
- Genre / Form
- Catalogs; Letters; Transparencies
- Processing Information
- The Dean Fausett papers and photographs have not been processed in their entirety. This finding aid describes only a part of the collection.
- Appraisal Information
- Arts and Communications. Collection of art and personal papers of artist Dean Fausett.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Fausett (Dean) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by James V. D'Arc
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-05-25T04:37-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
William Dean Fausett was born in Price, Utah, on July 4, 1913 as one of George A. Fausett and Helen Josephine Bryner Fausett's eight childern. His older brother Lynn (born 1894) studied art and encouraged Dean to study it as well. Dean did study it, attending Brigham Young University, Beaux Arts Institute of Architectural Education, the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center, and Eastern Illinois University. Many of Dean's paintings focus on the American West and he is perhaps best known for these.
He recieved the Carnegie International Prize, and his works are featured in the collections of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Whitney Museum of Fine Art, and the New York City Museum of Fine Art.
Dean died on December 13, 1998 in Vermont.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 2155
Dean Fausett subject files, correspondence, and other papers
Dean Fausett transparencies
Dean Fausett photographs and lithographs
Help with this Collection
Curator - Arts & Communications Archives