John Addison papers
John Addison papers
Dates: approximately 1930-1990
Primarily consists of musical sketches and scores composed by Addison for stage, screen, and television. There are a number of audio cassettes of works of Addison and others, as well as interviews Addison conducted for various radio programs. Also included are videotapes of different productions with which Addison was associated. There is some correspondence, mostly relating to royalty payments to Addison, but also concerning his appearances as guest conductor with various orchestras. Also includes cue sheets, phonograph albums of some of Addison's music, and photographs and negatives. Dated approximately 1930-1990.
- Extent: 6 cartons (6 linear ft.). -- 1 half box (0.25 linear ft.). -- 47 boxes (23.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Addison, John, 1920-1998
- Call Number: MSS 2165
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; BYU Film Music Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John Addison papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators. Permission to photocopy musical scores and sketches must be obtained from the donor.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 2165; John Addison papers; Film Music Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 2165, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Items created or collected by Addison during his lifetime. Addison, in 1994, and his widow, in 1999, donated the material to Brigham Young University.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; John Addison and Pamela Addison.
- Subject Terms
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Composers--United States; Music; Motion picture music
- Genre / Form
- Scores; Interviews; Letters; Videocassettes; Photographs
- Appraisal Information
- Film Music.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Addison (John) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Megan Furcini
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2018-07-03 16:08:09 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus