Golden Spike Camp records
Golden Spike Camp records
Papers mostly document the beginnings of the Golden Spike Camp headquartered in Tremonton, Utah, 1951-1952. Includes constitution and by-laws; minutes and notes from the first meeting, 26 July 1951; lists of prospective members, supplied by wards in Tremonton and nearby communities; some issues of "The Pioneer," the SUP (Sons of the Utah Pioneers) newsletter; and two unidentified photographs. Papers reflect primarily on the activities of Edgar H. White and John W. Smith. Includes SUP membership certificate for White, apparently issued in 1956. Also includes statement of SUP objectives.
- Extent: 4 folders (0.4 linear ft.). -- 1 microfilm reel (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: National Society, Sons of Utah Pioneers. Golden Spike Camp. -- White, Edgar Hartley, 1887
- Call Number: MSS 2173
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Microfilm copy is open for research. Permission required from the Supervisor of Reference Services to view the originals.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 2173; Papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 2173, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Duplicate blank forms, a duplicate photograph, and two blank sheets, were discarded from the collection, June 2000. Orrin Schwab Books, Logan, Utah, Purchase, 1995.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Orrin Schwab Books; 1995.
- Subject Terms
- Clubs and Societies; Social Life and Customs; Tremonton (Utah)
- Genre / Form
- By-laws; Certificates; Constitutions; Corporate minutes; Letters; Photographs
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Golden Spike Camp records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-05-09T15:37-0600
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus