Dates: circa 1900
One wool blanket, measuring 50 in. by 80 in. Dark brown with pattern of tan stripes, and a single strand dark brown yarn around edge. Large holes in some places, with one side somewhat faded.
- Extent: 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brigham Young Academy. South American Expedition (1900-1901)
- Call Number: MSS 2188
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Indian blanket must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 2188; Indian blanket; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 2188, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- The blanket was presented to Benjamin Cluff, president of Brigham Young Academy (BYA), as a gift during his expedition to South America from 1900 to 1902. When Benjamin Cluff resigned as president of BYA in 1903, the blanket was left with his successor, George H. Brimhall. Brimhall's son, Golden, donated the blanket to the Brigham Young University Archives in January 1975.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Golden Brimhall; January 1975.
- Subject Terms
- Artifacts; Indians of South America--Clothing; Material Types
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Anissa Olson; 1999.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS cultural, social, and religious history (Collection development policy for 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Indian blanket
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Karen Glenn and Anissa Olsen, student processors and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-03-15T20:17-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
comments powered by Disqus