Fred Steiner papers
Fred Steiner papers
Interviews and correspondence with Ken Darby and Hugo Friedhofer.
- Extent: 2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Steiner, Fred, 1923-2011
- Call Number: MSS 2193
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Arts & Communications Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Fred Steiner papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 2193; Fred Steiner papers; Arts and Communications Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 2193, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2193.xml
- Subject Terms
- Darby, Ken; Friedhofer, Hugo; Newman, Alfred, 1901-1970; Raksin, David; Steiner, Max, 1888-1971; Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.); Media and Communication; Motion picture music; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Photographs; Transcripts
- Processing Information
- Processed; James V. D'Arc, Curator Arts & Communications Archives and John N. Gillespie, Manuscripts Processor; 2003.
- Appraisal Information
- Arts and Communications. Producers/Directors/Production Companies collections.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Steiner (Fred) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by James V. D'Arc and John N. Gillespie
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T13:12-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Fred Steiner (b. 1923) was an American film and television composer and musicologist.
American film and television composer and musicologist. Born 24 February 1923 in New York. Composed for television series Gunsmoke, Have Gun Will Travel, The Twilight Zone, Star Trek, and Hawaii Five-O among others. Major film scores include The Man from Del Rio, St. Valentine's Day Massacre, Time Limit, The Color Purple.
comments powered by Disqus