Accuracy in Media records
The new site is available at http://archives.lib.byu.edu
Accuracy in Media records
Collection includes correspondence, publications, research files, Media Monitor papers, and video and audio tapes covering Accuracy in Media activities, 1969-2011.
- Extent: 15 oversize boxes (24.9 linear ft.). -- 151 cartons (151 linear ft.). -- 21 media boxes (13.86 linear ft.). -- 5 boxes (2.5 linear ft.)
- Call Number: MSS 2194
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Arts & Communications Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Collection maintained in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Accuracy in Media records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 2194; Accuracy in Media records; Arts and Communications Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 2194, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Accuracy in Media between 1988 and 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Accuracy in Media; 1988-2012.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2194.xml
- Subject Terms
- Broadcasting policy--United States; Material Types; Political activists--United States; Pressure groups--United States; United States--Politics and government
- Genre / Form
- Audiotapes; Letters; Newspapers; Videotapes
- Processing Information
- Processed; John N. Gillespie; 2005. Processed; Audrey Spainhower, student manuscript processor, and John Murphy, curator; 2010.
- Appraisal Information
- Arts and Communications. Accuracy in Media is a political organization that removes bias from the media. It is not affiliated with the state of Utah, but addresses broader situations that affect politics and government in Utah.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Accuracy in Media records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by John N. Gillespie; Audrey Spainhower, student manuscript processor; Peter Hoyt, student manuscript processor, Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor; and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-24T04:30-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Accuracy in Media is a non-profit, grassroots citizens watchdog of the news media that demands corrections in inaccurate news stories.
Accuracy in Media (AIM) was founded in 1969 by a group of people led by Reed Irvine whose son, Don Irvine, is now chairman. Originally a volunteer organization, it now maintains a professional staff with offices in Washington, D.C.
comments powered by Disqus