Ernest Gold papers
Ernest Gold papers
Dates: approximately 1950-1995
Materials include classical, stage, and film music sketches and scores, phonograph disk and audio tape recordings, videotapes, books, awards and memorabilia. Dated approximately 1950-1995.
- Extent: 27 cartons (27 linear ft.). -- 2 boxes (1 linear ft.). -- 51 oversize (60 linear ft.)
- Creator: Gold, Ernest, 1921-1999
- Call Number: MSS 2196
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; BYU Film Music Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Materials may be accessed only with permission of curator.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Ernest Gold papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 2196; Ernest Gold papers; Film Music Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 2196, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Gold Family Trust following Ernest Gold's death in 1999.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Gold Family Trust; 1999.
- Subject Terms
- Gold, Ernest, 1921-1999--Archives; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Composers--United States; Music
- Genre / Form
- Compact discs; Motion picture music; Motion picture plays; Sound recordings; Videotapes
- Processing Information
- Processed; James V. D'Arc and John N. Gillespie; January 2000.
- Appraisal Information
- Film Music Archives.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Gold (Ernest) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by James V. D'Arc and John N. Gillespie
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-05T04:13-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Ernest Gold (1921-1999) was a composer of film and television scores.
Ernest Gold was born in 1921 in Vienna, Austria. He immigrated to the United States in 1938 to escape Nazi oppression, as his family was Jewish. He wrote music for films such as Exodus, It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, On the Beach, Fun with Dick and Jane, and Good Luck, Miss Wyckoff. He had four Academy Award nominations and three Golden Globe nominations. In 1960 he won a Golden Globe for On the Beach, and in 1961 he won an Academy Award for Exodus.
Gold died on March 17, 1999 of a stroke.
comments powered by Disqus