Ivan J. Barrett audio recordings
Ivan J. Barrett audio recordings
Dates: approximately 1957-1990
Recordings of LDS Sunday School lessons and other presentations by Barrett on several topics including Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith, the Doctrine and Covenants, LDS Church history, the Old Testament, the New Testament, and the Book of Mormon. Presentations were recorded by D. Clayton Bishop, friend to Barrett and fellow member of the Orem 13th Ward, Orem Utah Sharon Stake.
- Extent: 38 boxes (19 linear ft.)
- Creator: Barrett, Ivan J., 1910-1999
- Call Number: MSS 2197
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: These materials are available with the approval of the curator.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in 3 series: 1. Ivan J. Barrett addresses, circa 1957-1963; 2. Ivan J. Barrett Sunday School lessons and other addresses, 1983-1990; and 3. Ivan J. Barrett video recording and papers, 1989.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Ivan J. Barrett audio recordings collection must be obtained from the Permissions & Licensing Office of the University and the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 2197; Ivan J. Barrett audio recordings; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 2197, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- D. Clayton Bishop lent his Ivan J. Barrett recordings (reel-to-reel, audiocassette, microcassette) to BYU in November 1999. 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts arranged for BYU Information Technology Services to make audiocassette copies. A small number of microcassettes (probably fewer than twenty) was not copied due to time and resource constraints. One videocassette copy was also made. Original recordings were returned to Clayton Bishop in two installments in late 2000 and early 2001.
- Acquisition Information
- Lent for reproduction; D. Clayton Bishop; 1999.
- Other Finding Aids
- Item-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2197.xml
- Subject Terms
- Bishop, D. Clayton (David Clayton), 1921-; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Orem Utah Sharon Stake; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--History; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Sunday School; Jesus Christ--Teachings; Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844; Religion
- Genre / Form
- Audiocassettes; Videocassettes
- Bible. New Testament; Bible. Old Testament; Book of Mormon; Doctrine and Covenants
- Processing Information
- Processed; Brian D. Reeves; 2001.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS scholarship and historiography (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.III, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Barrett (Ivan J.) audio recordings collection
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Brian D. Reeves
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-24T04:01-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Ivan J. Barrett (b. 1910) was a Latter-day Saint educator. Member of religion faculty at Brigham Young University, 1953-1995.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 2197
Ivan J. Barrett addresses
Dates: circa 1957-1963
Ivan J. Barrett Sunday School lessons and other addresses
Ivan J. Barrett video recording and papers
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts