Charles A. Callis papers
Charles A. Callis papers
Diaries (1893, 1940, 1943, and 1945), correspondence (1892-1947), reports of the Southern States Mission (1908-1934), sermons, articles, personal certificates, speeches, patriarchal blessings, and miscellaneous items. These materials deal with a wide range of Mormon theological and administrative issues. They also deal with personal and family matters.
- Extent: 4 boxes (2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Callis, Charles A.
- Call Number: MSS 22
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 22; Charles A. Callis papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 22, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS22.xml
- Subject Terms
- Callis, Charles A.--Archives; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Apostles--History; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Doctrines; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--History; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Southern States--History; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Presidents--Correspondence; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries--Southern States--History; Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church)--History; Summit County (Utah)--History
- Genre / Form
- Articles; Certificates; Letters; Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Callis (Charles A.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Andrea Wyss
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-24T04:01-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Utah lawyer, legislator of Utah, Summit County attorney, Mormon missionary, president of the Southern States Mission for the Mormon Church, and an apostle in the Mormon Church.
comments powered by Disqus