Robert Lang Campbell papers
Robert Lang Campbell papers
The collection contains one personal tax ledger book for Great Salt Lake City during the years 1856-1857, just prior to the Utah War. It contains a record of personal taxes paid, recorded by Ward, and by individuals in the Ward. It includes the records of twenty Wards as well as the Sugar House Ward. The ledger book also includes the names of several early and important members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, including Brigham Young.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Campbell, Robert Lang, 1825-1872
- Call Number: MSS 2211
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 2211; Robert Lang Campbell papers; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 2211, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- The material in this collection was owned by M&S Books, Inc., and prior to that, by Rick Grunder and Steven Barnett. This collection was purchased from M&S Books, Inc.based in Providence, Rhode Island, on 30 October 1999.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; M&S Books, Inc.; 1999.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2211.xml
- Related Material
- See also Robert Lang Cambell letter (Vault MSS 118) and Robert Lang Campbell collection (Vault MSS 496).
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Politics, Government, and Law; Public Finance; Salt Lake City (Utah)--History
- Genre / Form
- Account books
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Campbell (Robert Lang) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-09-18T14:48-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Robert Lang Campbell was born January 21, 1825 to Alexander Campbell and Agnes Lang in Scotland. He was baptized in August 1842. He served a mission in Scotland and Wales from 1843-1845. He emigrated to Utah, and was engaged in clerical work in Nauvoo and in Salt Lake City. While in Salt Lake, he was the chief clerk/city recorder in the Church Historian's office. He died April 11, 1872.
comments powered by Disqus