Zina Young Card Brown family papers
Zina Young Card Brown family papers
Contains papers relating to Zina Card Brown and her ancestors, including her parents; her grandmother, Zina D. H. Young; and her great-grandfather, William Huntington. Includes a notebook kept by Zina Card (Brown) for a sewing class at Brigham Young College in Logan, Utah; correspondence; a Daughters of Utah Pioneers notebook belonging to Zina Y. Card, 1912-1914; a list of Brigham Young's daughters and granddaughters, 1947; a postcard image of the C. O. Card home in Cardston, Alberta; and photocopies of other photographic images. Also includes a letter from Jane E. Molen to George F. Richards, 1928.
- Extent: 1 microfilm reel (0.25 linear ft.). -- 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brown, Zina Young Card, 1888-1974
- Call Number: MSS 2232
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Microfilm copy is open without restriction. Permission to view original materials must be given by the Supervisor of Reference Services
- Languages and Scripts
- Alternative Format
- Microfilm copy is available for entire collection.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Zina Young Card Brown family papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 2232; Zina Young Card Brown family papers; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 2232, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Most of the material was donated by Mary Brown Firmage to Brigham Young University, via John A. Peterson of the LDS Church Historical Department, in 1986. The Zina Y. Card Daughters of Utah Pioneers notebook was donated to BYU by Mary Firmage Woodward, via Maureen Ursenbach Beecher, in 1990.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Mary Brown Firmage via John A. Peterson; 1986. Donated; Mary Firmage Woodward via Maureen Ursenbach Beecher; 1990.
- Other Finding Aids
- Folder-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2232.xml
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young College (Logan, Utah)--Students; Brown family; Card, Charles Ora, 1839-1906; Card, Zina Presendia Young Williams, 1850-1931; Daughters of Utah Pioneers; Huntington, William, 1784-1846; Molen, Jane Elizabeth Hyde, 1843-1934; Richards, George F. (George Franklin), 1861-1950; Young, Brigham, 1801-1877; Young, Zina Diantha Huntington Jacobs Smith, 1821-1901; Cardston (Alta.); Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Microfilms; Notebooks; Postcards
- Processing Information
- Processed; Brian D. Reeves; 2000.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts. This collection has relation to the history of Brigham Young University as well as a accounts from the settling of the pioneers which pertains to the history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Brown (Zina Young Card) family papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Brian D. Reeves
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-17T04:17-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid encoded in English.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Zina Card Brown, daughter of C. O. Card and Zina Presendia Young, was a granddaughter of Brigham Young. She was born in 1888 and died in 1974. She married Hugh B. Brown in 1908.
comments powered by Disqus