Jim Murphy papers
Jim Murphy papers
Dates: approximately 1992-1995
Collection contains the original book proposal, publication papers, manuscripts, drafts, photographs, jacket art and other papers relating to Jim Murphy's book, The Great Fire. It also includes two copies of the finished book, hardback and paperback. Murphy's notes to himself can be found throughout the collection on small pieces of paper and in the margins of his manuscripts. Materials date from circa 1992 to 1995.
- Extent: 5 boxes (2.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Murphy, Jim, 1947
- Call Number: MSS 2244
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Literary Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Jim Murphy papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 2244; Jim Murphy papers; Literary Manuscripts Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 2244, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Jim Murphy in 2000.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Jim Murphy; 2000.
- Subject Terms
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Chicago (Ill.)--History--19th century; Great Fire, Chicago, Ill., 1871; Literature
- Genre / Form
- Manuscripts, American; Papers (Document genres); Photographs
- Murphy, Jim, 1947- . Great fire
- Processing Information
- Processed; H. Christine Broomhead; May 29, 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- Literary Manuscripts. This collection concerns the writing of a nationally recognized children's and young adult author.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Murphy (Jim) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Karen Glenn and H. Christine Broomhead, student processors and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-10-20T04:29-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Jim Murphy (b. 1947) is an American young-adult author.
Jim Murphy was born in Kearney, New Jersey in 1947. He attended Rutgers University and completed graduate work at Radcliffe College before beginning work at Seabury Press in juvenile publishing. He later became a freelance writer, publishing his first work in 1978. Much of his work is nonfiction, historical books for young adults.
comments powered by Disqus