Robert P. Johannes papers
Robert P. Johannes papers
Materials include personal papers, color transparencies, photographs, and 16mm film relating to Johannes's career as a motion picture and television technician. Materials relate to the television series "Boots and Saddles" and motion pictures "The Conqueror," "The Searchers", "Timbuktu", and "MacKenna's Gold", as well as a 1956 expedition to Iran for a possible remake of the silent documentary "Grass". Television and film locations include some in Utah. Dated 1956-1969.
- Extent: 2 boxes (1 linear ft.). -- 2 oversize boxes (2.66 linear ft.). -- 1 carton (1 linear ft.). -- 72 slides (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Johannes, Robert P., 1916-1964
- Call Number: MSS 2255
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Arts & Communications Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Access Restricted. Permission to obtain access must be granted by the Curator of the collection.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Robert P. Johannes papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 2255; Robert P. Johannes papers; Arts and Communications Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 2255, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials created by Johannes, donated to BYU by his widow in 2001, 2014, 2016.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Marjorie Johannes; 2001. Donated; Marjorie Johannes; 2014. Donated; Marjorie Johannes; 2016.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2255.xml
- Subject Terms
- Iran; Utah; Television programs; Performing Arts; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Johannes, Robert P., 1916-1964
- Genre / Form
- Motion pictures; Transparencies; Photographs
- Searchers (Motion picture); Boots and saddles (Television program); MacKenna's gold (Motion picture); Timbuktu (Motion picture)
- Processing Information
- Processed; James V. D'Arc and John N. Gillespie; 2001. Processed; Mary-Celeste Ricks; 2017.
- Appraisal Information
- Arts and Communications.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Johannes (Robert P.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- James V. D'Arc and John N. Gillespie
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2017-06-22 18:09:19 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Robert P. Johannes (1916-1964) was a camera operator and assistant cameraman in Hollywood.
He worked on such movies as The Searchers, Timbuktu, and MacKenna's Gold. He also worked on such television series as Boots and Saddles and Route 66.
comments powered by Disqus