Robert O. Lowe collection
Robert O. Lowe collection
The collection contains the personal research files of the donor (about 6500 pages) on the history of the town and area of Palmyra, New York; American political pamphlets and election memorabilia, including pins and posters; uncirculated American stamps, many contain autographs like Neil Armstrong, Eleanor Roosevelt, Jackie Kennedy, and etc.; and historic postcards (including 362 on the Palmyra, New York area) and greeting cards collections.
- Extent: 16 microfilm reels (1 linear ft.). -- 38 boxes (19 linear ft.)
- Creator: Lowe, Robert O., 1923-2007
- Call Number: MSS 2264
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Boxes 1-16, 18, and 34 are restricted. Microfilm copies are available for each of these portions of the collection. Access to original materials with permission from the supervisor of reference services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 2264; Robert O. Lowe collection; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 2264, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- The collection came to BYU in February 2001 from Robert Lowe, the donor and creator of the collection, delivered by Don Enders, from the LDS Museum of Art.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Robert Lowe; 2000 April 24.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2264.xml
- Subject Terms
- City and Town Life; Mormon temples--New York (State)--Palmyra; Mormons--New York (State); Palmyra (N.Y.); Social Life and Customs; United States--History; United States--Politics and government
- Genre / Form
- Autographs; Campaign literature--United States; Notes; Postcards
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Lowe (Robert O.) collection
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-09-20T09:54-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Robert O. Lowe was born October 14, 1923 to Orla W. Lowe and Gertrude M. Scholl in Palmyra, New York. He has remained there his entire life. In 1943, he enlisted for WWII, and spent three months in England. Worked at Garlock Packing Company in Palmyra, and after retirement, became the town historian of Palmyra.
comments powered by Disqus