Eli Holton letters
Eli Holton letters
This collection, containing letters written to Elder Eli Holton while on his mission in Tahiti, has been organized into folders by the author. Includes letters from Joseph Y. Haight and William Henry Chamberlain.
- Extent: 9 folders (0.25 linear ft.)
- Creator: Chamberlain, W. H. (William Henry), 1870-1921. -- Haight, Joseph Y. (Joseph Young), 1865-1946. -- Holton, Eli, 1877-1940
- Call Number: MSS 2277
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Eli Holton letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 2277; Eli Holton letters; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 2277, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- All items remained in possession of John Birkenbine until purchased by the BYU Library in 2000. Purchased; John Birkenbine II, American Philatelic Brokers; 2000.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; John Birkenbine II; 2000.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2277.xml
- Subject Terms
- Chamberlain, W. H. (William Henry), 1870-1921--Correspondence; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--French Polynesia--Tahiti (Island)--History; Haight, Joseph Y. (Joseph Young), 1865-1946--Correspondence; Holton, Eli, 1877-1940--Correspondence; Religion; Marquesas Islands (French Polynesia); Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries--French Polynesia--Tahiti (Island)--Correspondence; Tahiti (French Polynesia : Island)
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Holton (Eli) letters
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-08-05T10:32-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Eli Holton (1877-1940) was a teacher in Utah. He served a mission to the Society Islands for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
William Henry Chamberlin, Jr., (1870-1921) was born in Salt Lake City, Utah. He served as President of the Society Islands Mission from 1899 to 1900.
Joseph Young Haight (1865-1946) was born in Farmington, Utah. He served as President of the Society Islands Mission from 1900 to 1902.
comments powered by Disqus