Scott Whitaker papers
Scott Whitaker papers
Collection contains journals, photographs, cartoons, and biographical information produced by Scott Whitaker, and document his personal and professional work. The ten journals cover the period from 1966 to 1975.
- Extent: 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Whitaker, Scott
- Call Number: MSS 2278
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Scott Whitaker papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 2278; Scott Whitaker papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 2278, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Wendy Whitaker Candland in 2001.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Wendy Whitaker Candland; 2001.
- Subject Terms
- Whitaker, Scott--Archives; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Performing Arts
- Genre / Form
- Caricatures and cartoons; Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Diaries; Letters; Photographs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kayla Quinney; February 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- University records (University Archives Collecting Policy July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Whitaker (Scott) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Kayla Quinney
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-03-10T14:38-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Scott Whitaker (1915-1976) was an American screenwriter and film director.
Scott M. Whitaker worked for Disney Studios, RKO, and the BYU Motion Picture Studio. He worked on such films as Johnny Lingo and Man’s Search for Happiness and wrote scripts for television. Whitaker was also a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
comments powered by Disqus