Joseph E. Booth papers
Joseph E. Booth papers
Collection contains the letters, diaries, and ledger books of Joseph Edgar Booth and family between the years 1859-1949. The collection contains material on the British Mission between the years 1894-1896; correspondence to family and friends of the Booth family; early Orem, Utah history (then called the Provo Bench) farm sales, expenses, and etc. of Joseph Edgar Booth; and a record of cases before Joseph Edgar Booth, Justice of the Peace of the town of Orem during the years 1928-1929, 1936-1937.
- Extent: 2 boxes (1.0 linear ft.)
- Creator: Booth, Joseph E. (Joseph Edgar), 1871-1943
- Call Number: MSS 2284
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Joseph E. Booth papers; Collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 2284; Joseph E. Booth papers; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 2284, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- All items have remained with the Booth family and descendants until donating them to the BYU Library on 19 December 2000.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; 19 December 2000; Jean M. Larsen.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2284.xml
- Subject Terms
- Booth, Joseph E. (Joseph Edgar), 1871-1943--Diaries; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--England--History--Sources; Derby (England)--History--Sources; Home and Family; Milford (Utah)--History--Sources; Mormon missionaries--England--Diaries; Nephi (Utah)--History--Sources; Orem (Utah)--History--Sources; Salt Lake City (Utah)--History--Sources; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Account books; Diaries; Letters
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Booth (Joseph E.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Megan Furcini
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:26-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Joseph Edgar Booth, son of Edwin and Ann Maria Mosley Booth, born on January 11, 1871 in Nephi, Utah. Labored in the British Mission from 1894-1896. Married Charlotte Ann Bird in 1898. Fruit farmer in Orem, Utah (then called the Provo Bench) from 1903 until his death. He died June 24, 1943.
comments powered by Disqus