Mary Hale Woolsey papers
Mary Hale Woolsey papers
Contains manuscripts, typescripts, correspondence (business and personal), scrapbooks, published and unpublished music, personal writings and literary works (poems, short stories, etc.) created and collected during Woolsey's career as a writer of adult and children's literature and as a composer of popular music.
- Extent: 21 cartons (21 linear ft.)
- Creator: Woolsey, Mary Hale, 1899-1969
- Call Number: MSS 2294
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Mary Hale Woolsey papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 2294; Mary Hale Woolsey papers; 20th Century Western and American Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 2294, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Created by Woolsey and retained by her daughter, Vevedeen. Donated to the L. Tom Perry Special Collections in 2001 and 2003.
- Acquisition Information
- Created; Vevedeen Woolsey; 2001 and 2003.
- Other Finding Aids
- Box-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2294.xml
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young Academy; Woolsey, Mary Hale, 1899-1969--Archives; American literature--Mormon authors; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Literature; Provo (Utah)--History; Salt Lake City (Utah)--History--20th century; Short stories, American--Mormon authors
- Genre / Form
- American poetry--20th century--Mormon authors; Articles; Christian poetry, American--Mormon authors; Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Drafts (Documents); Financial records; Letters; Manuscripts, American; Newsletters; Novels; Photographs; Poetry; Scores; Scrapbooks
- White and Blue (Provo, Utah)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Jonathan Harmon; 2005.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Woolsey (Mary Hale) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Jonathan Harmon and Taylor Dix
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-05-18T04:16-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Mary Hale Woolsey (1899-1969) was a literary author and popular music composer in Salt Lake City, Utah. She is especially noted for having composed the popular song, Springtime in the Rockies.
comments powered by Disqus