Beth Kay Harris papers
Beth Kay Harris papers
Typewritten drafts, histories, biographies, essays, and articles with handwritten corrections. Many of these items were produced under the authority of the Utah Writers' Project. The materials were produced largely by Timothy L. Sullivan and Beth Kay Harris. Frank C. Robertson also contributed as a coauthor with Harris on a biography. Most of the items relate to the history of the Tintic Mining District in Utah and associated towns in Goshen Valley, Utah, including the towns of Tintic and Eureka, Utah. Many of the stories are based on old stories and folklore on a broad range of subjects including outlaws and Indians, but many may be considered historically reliable. Also included is a draft and documentation for Harris's biography of the con man, Soapy Smith (1860-1898).
- Extent: 3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Harris, Beth Kay. -- Robertson, Frank C. (Frank Chester), 1890. -- Sullivan, Timothy L.. -- Utah Writers' Project
- Call Number: MSS 230
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 230; Beth Kay Harris papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 230, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS230.xml
- Subject Terms
- Smith, Soapy, 1860-1898; Utah Writers' Project--History; Eureka (Utah)--History--Sources; Goshen Valley (Utah)--History--Sources; Material Types; Mines and mineral resources--Utah--History; Publications
- Genre / Form
- Biography; Histories
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Harris (Beth Kay) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-17T04:04-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Utah historian and author.
comments powered by Disqus