Mary Ann King journals
Mary Ann King journals
This collection, comprised of two journals written by Mary Ann King, is contained in one hollinger box, with each journal in its own folder.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: King, Mary Ann, 1854-1943
- Call Number: MSS 2315
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Mary Ann King journals must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Folder level finding guide available (3 pp.).
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 2315; Mary Ann King journals; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 2315, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- The journals of Mary Ann King were donated to BYU in November of 2000, by David S. King, who is a grandson of Mary Ann King's husband, William, by his first marriage.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; David S.; 2000.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2315.xml
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Hawaii Mission; King, Mary Ann, 1854-1943--Diaries; King, William, 1834-1892; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Missions--Hawaii; Mormon missionaries--Hawaii--Diaries; Mormon women--Diaries
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- King (Mary Ann) journals
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:27-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mary Ann King (1854-1943) accompanied her husband William King (1834-1892) on his LDS mission to the Sandwich Islands in 1886-1890.
comments powered by Disqus