Gloria Skurzynski papers
Gloria Skurzynski papers
Dates: circa 1980-2006
Collection contains manuscripts, editor's comments, fan mail, copies of books, notes, correspondence, book covers, photographs, slides, research material, (including books and periodicals) and newspaper articles collected or created by Gloria Skurzynski between circa 1980 and 2006.
- Extent: 1 ledger (0.5 linear ft.). -- 4 boxes (2 linear ft.). -- 20 cartons (20 linear ft.)
- Creator: Skurzynski, Gloria
- Call Number: MSS 2330
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Literary Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research. Negatives: Condition restricted; permission to use items must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Gloria Skurzynski papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 2330; Gloria Skurzynski papers; Literary Manuscripts ; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 2330, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by creator.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Gloria Skurzynski; 1 January 2007.
- Other Finding Aids
- Box-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2330.xml
- Subject Terms
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Children's literature, American; Literature; Women authors, American
- Genre / Form
- Illustrations; Letters; Negatives
- Processing Information
- Processed; H. Christine Swindler and John M. Murphy; 7 March 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- Literary Manuscripts. This collection concerns the writing of a nationally recognized children's and young adult author.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Skurzynski (Gloria) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by H. Christine Swindler
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T13:13-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Gloria Skurzynski (b. 1930) is an American author. She began writing stories for children and young adults in her mid-30s. She had five children when she began writing. The topics of her books vary. She writes about national parks, legends, rare diseases, astronomy, technology, and animals.
comments powered by Disqus