William Driver collection
William Driver collection
Collection contains a scrapbook and published diary by Driver. The scrapbook includes newspaper clippings covering Utah history during the 1880s and 1890s. The diary, entitled London to Salt Lake City in 1867 [i.e., 1866]: the Diary of William Driver, was edited by Frank Driver Reeve and was previously published by The New Mexico Historical Review in January 1942.
- Extent: 1 oversize box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Driver, William, 1837-1921
- Call Number: MSS 2338
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the William Driver collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 2338; William Driver collection; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 2338, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Doyle Lamb in 1989.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Doyle Lamb; 1989.
- Other Finding Aids
- Item-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2338.xml
- Subject Terms
- Driver, William, 1837-1921--Diaries; Immigration and American Expansion; Overland Journeys to the Western United States; Utah
- Genre / Form
- Diaries; Scrapbooks
- Processing Information
- Processed; H. Christine Swindler; 18 July 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Driver (William) collection
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by H. Christine Swindler and Karen Glenn, student processors; John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-05T16:47-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
William Driver (1837-1921) was a pharmacy owner in Utah.
William Driver was the son of George Driver and Mary Killingworth. He was born May 3, 1837 in Bury St. Edmund, England. He married Charlotte Emblem Boulter and had eighteen children. He immigrated to Utah in 1866, and worked as a cashier for a pharmacy business and eventually started his own, Driver and Son, owning four business locations. He lived in Ogden, Weber, Utah, and helped develop it. He also participated in civic affairs in Ogden. William died April 10, 1921.
comments powered by Disqus