John Alden Green papers
John Alden Green papers
Dates: approximately 1981-1999
Collection includes research notes about the works of Marcel Schwob concerning the Dreyfus Affair, photocopies, correspondence, journal and newspaper articles concerning French history, circa 1890-1906, and the Panama Scandal of 1889. Also included are photocopied articles on the "last days" by Mormon Church President Wilford Woodruff and Internet references of the early visions of Mormon Church prophet Joseph Smith. There are also some research notes regarding Germany in World War II and an annotated set of LDS Church scripture (Triple Combination) in French.
- Extent: 1 carton (1.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Green, John Alden
- Call Number: MSS 2361
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Preliminarily processed; permission to use materials must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials in English and French.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John Alden Green papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 2361; John Alden Green papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 2361, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- All items were kept by Green's widow until donated to the L. Tom Perry Special Collections in 2002.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; 2002.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2361.xml
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Doctrines; Dreyfus, Alfred, 1859-1935; Schwob, Marcel, 1867-1905; Eschatology; France--Politics and government--19th century--Sources; Military; Nantes (France)--History--Sources; Panama--History--19th century--Sources; Politics, Government, and Law; World War, 1939-1945--Germany--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Letters; Research (Document genres)
- Appraisal Information
- University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Green (John Alden) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Andrea Wyss
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-08-05T10:43-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
John Alden Green (1925-2001) was a professor of French at Brigham Young University. Green studied the writings of the French author, Marcel Schwob, related to the Dreyfus Affair (French military scandal, 1894-1906.) In 1980, Green suffered a stroke and never permanently recovered.
comments powered by Disqus