Allen E. Bergin papers
Allen E. Bergin papers
Collection consists of professional and personal records, correspondence, book production materials, research files, and course notes. Also included are copies of Bergin's numerous publications. Materials date from 1954 to 2013.
- Extent: 33 boxes (16.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Bergin, Allen E., 1934
- Call Number: MSS 2391
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged into seven series: 1. Administrative papers, 1959-2002. 2. Unpublished lectures and course materials, 1970-2000. 3. Trip files, speeches, and essays, 1954-1998. 4. Papers on professional organizations, 1966-1998. 5. Notes, 1960-1969. 6. Publications, 1957-2004. 7. Research, 1977-2013.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Allen E. Bergin papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 2391; Allen E. Bergin papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 2391, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These materials were donated to the repository by Allen E. Bergin in August 2002. A second installment of materials was donated to the repository by Allen E. Bergin in December 2013.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Allen E. Bergin; 2002. Donated; Allen E. Bergin; 2013.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2391.xml
- Subject Terms
- Bergin, Allen E., 1934---Archives; Colleges and Universities; Education; Psychology
- Genre / Form
- Articles; Letters
- Processing Information
- Processed; J. Gordon Daines III; September 2002. Processed; J. Gordon Daines III; December 2013.
- Appraisal Information
- BYU faculty member (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Bergin (Allen E.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by J. Gordon Daines III
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-12-22T04:33-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Allen E. Bergin (born 1934) was a professor of pyschology at Brigham Young University.
Allen E. Bergin Bergin was born August 4, 1934 in Spokane, Washington. He is married to Marian Shafer of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. They are the parents of nine children. Bergin joined the faculty of Brigham Young University in 1972 as a professor of psychology. Previously he had taught psychology for eleven years at Columbia University Teachers' College. He is the author of about 40 articles and books, and is considered by his peers to be one of the nation's leading clinical psychologists.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 2391
Allen E. Bergin administrative papers
Allen E. Bergin unpublished lectures and course materials
Allen E. Bergin trip files, speeches, and essays
Allen E. Bergin papers on professional organizations
Allen E. Bergin notes
Allen E. Bergin publications
Allen E. Bergin research
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives