Doty-Dayton Productions records
Doty-Dayton Productions records
Contains production company records on financing, production, distribution, advertising, contracts, photographs, audio tapes, soundtracks, and reports. Motion pictures documented include Rivals, Where the Red Fern Grows, Seven Alone, Pony Express Rider, and Against a Crooked Sky. Includes 35mm and 16mm prints of produced films, as well as files on unproduced projects such as preliminary research and scripts. Also contains the personal papers of company founder Lyman Dayton.
- Extent: 51 film cartridges. -- 160 cartons (160 linear ft.). -- 6 boxes (3 linear ft.). -- 5 oversize boxes (9 linear ft.)
- Creator: Doty-Dayton Productions (Firm). -- Dayton, Lyman D.
- Call Number: MSS 2432
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Arts & Communications Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Doty-Dayton Productions records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 2432; Doty-Dayton Productions records; Arts and Communications Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 2432, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These items were donated to Special Collections in 1976.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Lyman Dayton; 1976.
- Other Finding Aids
- Preliminary inventory available online. http://net.lib.byu.edu/inventories/UPB_MSS2432.pdf
- Subject Terms
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Performing Arts; Motion picture producers and directors--United States--Biography; Western films--United States--20th century; Salt Lake City (Utah); Doty-Dayton Productions (Firm)
- Genre / Form
- Motion picture plays; Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Slides (Photography); Videotapes; Manuscripts; Photographs
- Appraisal Information
- Arts and Communications.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Doty-Dayton Productions records
- Finding Aid Author
- Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2018-07-03 11:06:53 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Lyman Dayton was born in Salt Lake City, Utah, but lived mainly in Wyoming. He was a director, producer, and writer of films. He worked mainly on Country and Western films. He co-founded a production company, Doty-Dayton Productions, which produced such films as Where the Red Fern Grows, Baker's Hawk, and Against a Crooked Sky.
Doty-Dayton Productions (est. 1973) is a motion picture production company in California.
Doty-Dayton Productions was established by George Ellis Doty and Lyman Dayton in 1973, and was incorporated in 1974. The company focused on producing family-friendly content, including the films Where the Red Fern Grows, and Against a Crooked Sky. The company was dissolved in 1979.
comments powered by Disqus