Joseph Smith letters
Joseph Smith letters
Photocopy of a handwritten letter with a typescript of the item. This letter is dated 27 June 1844 at 8:20 A.M. and was written from Carthage Jail. Also included is a typewritten copy of another letter dated 23 June probably also in the year 1844. Both letters were addressed to Smith's wife, Emma Hale Smith (1804-1879). Smith describes the condition of his incarceration, states that they have no valid case against him, and expresses the belief that he was in little danger.
- Extent: 3 items (5 p.)
- Creator: Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844
- Call Number: MSS 258
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 258; Joseph Smith letters; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 258, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Smith, Emma Hale; Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844; Church Government; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Religion; Mormon Church--Presidents; Mormons--Correspondence
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Smith (Joseph) letters
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-11-02T13:21-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
First president of the Mormon Church.
comments powered by Disqus