Mark Anderson papers
Mark Anderson papers
Dates: approximately 1931-2003
Includes Anderson's personal and professional papers relating to wildlife, conservation, municipal utilities, mayoral terms, and politics in Utah from the 1930s to 1950s. Collection includes newspaper clippings, annual reports, statistical studies of public power, magazines, speeches, correspondence, and official government documents. Also contains a biography, written in 2003, entitled Mark, Arlene & Lillian: A History, by Roberta Ord Anderson, a family and professional history of Mark Anderson, Sr.
- Extent: 1 oversize box (1.66 linear ft.). -- 11 cartons (11 linear ft.)
- Creator: Anderson, Mark, 1889-1962. -- Anderson, Roberta Ord, 1922
- Call Number: MSS 2807
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Mark Anderson papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 2807; Mark Anderson papers; 20th 21st Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 2807, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Mark and Roberta Anderson to the L. Tom Perry Special Collections in 1986 and in 2003.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Mark and Roberta Anderson; 1986, 2003.
- Other Finding Aids
- Box-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2807.xml
- Subject Terms
- Anderson, Mark, 1889-1962; Electric power--Conservation; Electric power--Utah--Provo; Environment and Conservation; Environmental Conditions; Provo (Utah); Provo (Utah)--Politics and government; Wildlife conservation
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Letters; Pamphlets; Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- Processing Information
- Processed; Taylor M. Dix; December 2003.
- Appraisal Information
- Environmental history (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VI, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Anderson (Mark) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Taylor M. Dix
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-08-05T10:16-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Mark Anderson, Sr. (1889-1962) was the owner and manager of the Hotel Roberts in Provo, Utah. He was an active member of the United States Forest Service and served as the Utah State Fish and Game Director several times.
Anderson was born in Idaho and married Arlene Stevens in 1918. She passed away in 1925, and he later married Lillian Gardner in 1926. He was the owner and manager of the Hotel Roberts, in Provo, Utah, and served as the chair of the Municipal Power Committee in Provo, Utah. He later served as mayor in the same town from 1935-1941, and from 1946-1947. In between mayoral terms, he accepted a position as the Utah State Fish and Game Director. He was an active member of the United States Forest Service and represented forest and conservation groups in various capacities. He served as the president of the Utah Municipal League in 1940.
comments powered by Disqus