Reuben McBride diary
Reuben McBride diary
Photocopy of a microfilmed copy of a handwritten diary. McBride left on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the spring of 1857, and he went with a handcart company to the east. He later got passage to England where he served his mission.
- Extent: 1 folder (circa 60 p.)
- Creator: McBride, Reuben, 1803-1891
- Call Number: MSS 2860
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Reuben McBride diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 2860; Reuben McBride diary; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 2860, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- This item was photocopied from reel 57 of the 920 microfilm collection.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--England--History; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon handcart companies--History--Sources; Mormon missionaries--England--Diaries; Mormon pioneers--History
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- McBride (Reuben) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-12-29T04:10-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
McBride was born in New York State and joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1833. He migrated to Utah and lived in Fillmore.
comments powered by Disqus