Cadmus Club records
Cadmus Club records
Collection contain six scrapbooks of the activities and meetings of the Cadmus Club. Three of the scrapbooks are not bound. The scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings, letters, photographs, and decorations from the meetings. The collection also contains books written by members of the club, floppy disks with photographs stored on them, videocassettes of local celebrations and the construction of Pleasant Grove Discovery Park, and some other miscellaneous papers. Materials date from between 1950 to 2000.
- Extent: 4 boxes (2 linear ft.). -- 5 oversize boxes (3.75 linear ft.)
- Creator: Cadmus Club (Pleasant Grove, Utah)
- Call Number: MSS 2948
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Cadmus Club records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 2948; Cadmus Club records; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 2948, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Phyllis P. Thomson.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Phyllis P. Thomson.
- Other Finding Aids
- A more detailed finding aid is available at the repository upon request.
- Subject Terms
- Cadmus Club (Pleasant Grove, Utah)--Archives; Clubs and Societies; Pleasant Grove (Utah); Social Life and Customs; Women--Utah--Pleasant Grove--Societies and clubs
- Genre / Form
- Books; Photographs; Scrapbooks; Videocassettes
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator.
- Appraisal Information
- This collection provides insight to the issues discussed by the women of Utah during the 20th Century. LDS, Utah, and Western American women (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.V, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Cadmus Club records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-06-15T17:23-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Cadmus Club was a women's club in Pleasant Grove, Utah. It helped to promote values in the community while raising money for worthwhile causes.
The Cadmus Club was founded in 1945 in Pleasant Grove, Utah. One year later, it became a federated club. Each year, the Cadmus Club holds an election to install new officers. The club raised money for local causes and met monthly at various members homes. The members of the club helped to promote values in their community while raising money for worthwhile causes, such as the local library, the local swimming pool, and sending local girls to Girl's State. The Club was also responsible for nominating a local Mother of the Year. Several times, the mother they selected went on to become Utah Mother of the Year and United States Mother of the Year. The Cadmus Club disbanded in 2000 due to lack of participation.
comments powered by Disqus