Dan Valentine papers
Dan Valentine papers
33 boxes containing Valentine's newspaper columns, books, and other papers. The collection includes advertising media and scrapbooks.
- Extent: 28 cartons (28 Linear ft.). -- 5 oversize boxes (8.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Valentine, Dan, 1917
- Call Number: MSS 3011
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Arts & Communications Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Donor requested; permission to use item must be obtained from the curator of Arts and Communications, James V. D'Arc.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in 2 series: 1. Dan Valentine publications, 1948-1999; and 2. Dan Valentine personal files, 1927-1996
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Dan Valentine papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 3011; Dan Valentine papers; Arts and Communications Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 3011, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials were created or collected by Utah newspaper columnist Dan Valentine. Materials passed to his son, Dan Valentine, Jr. on his death. Dan Valentine, Jr. donated the materials to BYU in 2004.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Dan Valentine, Jr.; 2004.
- Other Finding Aids
- Box-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS3011.xml
- Subject Terms
- Salt Lake Tribune (Firm); Valentine, Dan, 1917-; Journalists--Utah--Salt Lake City; Material Types; Publications; Salt Lake City (Utah); Salt Lake City (Utah)--Newspapers
- Processing Information
- Processed; John N. Gillespie; April 2005.
- Appraisal Information
- Arts and Communications.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Valentine (Dan) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by John N. Gillespie
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-12-08T04:26-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Dan Valentine (1917-) is an award-winning Utah newspaper columnist, radio personality, and author.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 3011
Dan Valentine publications
Dan Valentine personal files
Help with this Collection
Curator - Arts & Communications Archives