Kenneth D. Wells papers
Kenneth D. Wells papers
Includes correspondence of Kenneth D. Wells from 1938 to 1998, including materials on the Freedoms Foundation, George W. Bush, and humanitarian efforts in El Salvador. Various videocassettes and photographs included among papers, as well as memorabilia associated with his family, the Freedoms Foundation, and the Family Foundation.
- Extent: 5 oversize boxes. -- 32 boxes (16 linear ft.)
- Creator: Wells, Kenneth Dale, 1908-1998
- Call Number: MSS 3047
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted; permission to view these materials is required from the curator of 20th century Momon manuscripts until completely processed.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Kenneth D. Wells papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- See also the other Kenneth D. Wells collections, MSS 1503, MSS 1610, and MSS 1611.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3047; Kenneth D. Wells papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3047, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- Preliminary finding aid available in the L. Tom Perry Special Collections reference room.
- Subject Terms
- Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge; El Salvador--Politics and government--1979-1992; Home and Family; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Interviews; Letters; Photographs; Videotapes
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Wells (Kenneth D.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Megan Furcini
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-05T04:18-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Kenneth Dale Wells was born in 23 June 1908 in Akron, Ohio. He married Ruth Elizabeth Van Allen in 1930, and together they raised two children. Kenneth Wells was a businessman, industrialist, and one of the founders of the Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge. He and his wife were also well-known for their work with schools and orphanages in El Salvador. He died in Edgewater, Florida on 10 May 1998.
comments powered by Disqus