Martin B. Hickman papers
Martin B. Hickman papers
Dates: approximately 1985
Typescript of a lecture given by Hickman for Dr. Hillam's War Project. Also included is a transcript of an interview conducted by Eric Mercer for Political Science 375R course at Brigham Young University. Mercer received a B- on the assignment. Also included is the reel-to-reel audiotape from which some of the material was taken. Hickman talks about his service in the Strassbourg area of France during World War II in 1944 and 1945. Also with the collection is the poem, "Dead Men Also Cry."
- Extent: 3 items (28 p.)(0.07 linear ft.) : (1 lecture)(1interview)(28 p.)(1 reel-to-reel audio tape)
- Creator: Hickman, Martin B. (Martin Berkeley), 1925-1991. -- Mercer, Eric
- Call Number: MSS 3054
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Lecture and interview must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3054; Martin B. Hickman papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3054, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These materials were found in the receptionist's area of the office of Special Collections.
- Subject Terms
- Alsace (France)--History--Sources; Colleges and Universities; Education; Military; Politics, Government, and Law; World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--France; World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Germany; World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American
- Genre / Form
- Audiotapes; Interviews; Lectures
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hickman (Martin B.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-05T04:20-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Hickman was the Dean of the College of Social Sciences at Brigham Young University. He also served in the United States Army during World War II.
comments powered by Disqus