Henry W. Lawrence papers
Henry W. Lawrence papers
Collection consists of letters, deeds, legal papers, and other materials collected by Lawrence through his business dealings. These include the estate papers of William W. Phelps, Heber C. Kimball, Julia Kimball, as well as miscellaneous legal papers relating to Henry W. Lawrence, and the legal papers relating to the property dispute case of William H. Folsom vs. Thomas Fitch (1881).
- Extent: 1 box (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Lawrence, Henry W. (Henry William), 1835-1924
- Call Number: MSS 3079
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Henry W. Lawrence papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3079; Henry W. Lawrence papers; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3079, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Purchased from Grandin Book Co. and Lyndon W. Cook.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; Grandin Book Co. and Lyndon W. Cook; 2004.
- Subject Terms
- Kimball, Heber C. (Heber Chase), 1801-1868; Kimball, Julia, 1838-1907; Lawrence, Henry W. (Henry William), 1835-1924--Archives; Phelps, William Wines, 1792-1872; Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce; Businessmen--Utah--Salt Lake City--History; Economics and Banking; Mormons--Utah--Salt Lake City--History
- Genre / Form
- Deeds; Legal documents
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kaila Brown; 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Lawrence (Henry W.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-05T04:19-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Henry W. Lawrence (1835-1924) was an entrepreneur and merchant in Salt Lake City, Utah. He was a partner in the Kimball & Lawrence firm, a leader in the Liberal Party, and participated in the Godbeite movement.
comments powered by Disqus