Parker family papers
Parker family papers
Dates: approximately 1832-1903
Collection contains items collected by the family including war medals, missionary records, obstetrics records and supplies, and patriarchal blessing, genealogical records and hair clippings.
- Extent: 1 carton (1 linear ft.). -- 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Parker (Family : Parker, Thomas B. (Thomas Bryant), 1797-1850). -- Parker, Adelia C. (Adelia Cooley), 1874-1908. -- Parker, Joseph Faulkner, 1841-1936
- Call Number: MSS 3097
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Thomas B. Parker family papers, must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 3097; Thomas B. Parker family papers; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 3097, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Loaned to repository in 2004 by Joan Larson Tuft; donated in 2005.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Joan Larson Tuft; 2005.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS3097.xml
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Middle West; Parker family; Religion; Midwifery--Utah; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries--Middle West--Diaries; Obstetrics--Utah
- Genre / Form
- Certificates; Diaries; Genealogies; Human hair; Letters; Medals; Notebooks; Photographs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Jonathan Farrell; 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Parker family papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Jonathan Farrell
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-10-20T04:15-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
The Parker family of Utah was founded by Thomas Bryant Parker (1797-1850). He married Catherine Hammet Parker (1806-1820) on October 27, 1820, and they had three children. He married his second wife, Martha Ann Nelson (1818-1889) on October 25, 1835, and they had nine children. Joseph Faulkner Parker (1841-1936), son of Thomas and Martha, married his first wife, Mary Elizabeth Ross (1845-1909), on June 30, 1861, and they had ten children. He married his second wife, Adelia Cooley (1874-1908), polygamously on June 11, 1889, and they had six children. Joseph served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and Adelia was a midwife trained in Salt Lake City, Utah. After Adelia's death, Mary Elizabeth reared her children as well. Joseph and Adelia's daughter, Frances Marie Parker (1897-1983), married Ervin Henry Larson (1892-1986) on March 28, 1917.
comments powered by Disqus