Robert and Rosemary Brown papers
Robert and Rosemary Brown papers
Contains correspondence, photographs, newspaper clippings, audiotapes, and related ephemera produced by the Browns. The materials document research and publishing activities between 1967 and 1997.
- Extent: 36 cartons (36 linear ft.). -- 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brown, Robert L., 1930. -- Brown, Rosemary, 1930
- Call Number: MSS 3106
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Maintained in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Robert and Rosemary Brown papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3106; Robert and Rosemary Brown papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3106, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Robert and Rosemary Brown in 2004.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Robert L. and Rosemary Brown; 2004.
- Other Finding Aids
- Preliminary inventory available in repository.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Apologetic works; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Controversial literature; Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce; Publishers and Publishing
- Genre / Form
- Audiotapes; Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Letters; Manuscripts; Photographs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Garrett Schroath; 2011. Addition processed; Kelsey Samuelsen, student manuscripts processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2013.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007). Relates to Latter-day Saint research regarding anti-Mormon claims.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Brown (Robert and Rosemary) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-12T09:47-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Rosemary Brown (1930- ) is a Latter-day Saint researcher.
Rosemary Brown was born on June 6, 1930. She married Robert L. Brown. She and her husband spent decades researching the claims and credentials of anti-Mormon literature and its authors, trying to expose unfactual information. She co-authored with her husband and others a volume of books called They Lie in Wait to Deceive, about the false credentials of prominent anti-Mormons. She and her husband live in Arizona.
Robert L. Brown (1930- ) is a Latter-day Saint researcher.
Robert L. Brown was born on June 16, 1930. He married Rosemary Brown. He is a Mormon researcher who spent decades researching anti-Mormon speakers and doctrines in an attempt to expose unfactual material. He co-authored a volume of books called They Lie in Wait To Deceive about the false credentials of numerous anti-Mormon scholars. He and his wife live in Arizona.
comments powered by Disqus