Doris Bennett Smith papers
Doris Bennett Smith papers
Dates: approximately 1890-1969
Collection includes scrapbooks, photographs, correspondence, farm records, newspaper clippings, and genealogical materials created and collected by Doris Bennett Smith, circa 1890-1969.
- Extent: 4 boxes (2 linear feet)
- Creator: Smith, Doris Bennett, 1890-1969
- Call Number: MSS 3117
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Doris Bennett Smith papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3117; Doris Bennett Smith papers; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3117, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Robert Smith in 2004.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Robert Smith; 2004.
- Subject Terms
- Alpine (Utah); Draper (Utah); Home and Family; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Account books; Bibliographies; Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Letters; Notebooks; Photographs; Scrapbooks
- Processing Information
- Processed; Katie Connors, student processor, and John Murphy, curator; 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana because it portrays Utah Mormon life in the early twentieth century.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Smith (Doris Bennett) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Katie Connors, student processor, and John Murphy, curator,
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-23T04:00-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Doris Bennett Smith (1890-1969) was an active member of the LDS church as well as active in the Draper chapter of the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers.
Doris Bennett Smith was born in Mound Valley, Idaho, December 28, 1890. She married Robert Lauritz Smith in Salt Lake City, Utah, in the LDS temple September 3, 1909. Together they had ten children. An active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Doris Smith served as secretary of her local Relief Society organization while she lived in Draper, Utah. In addition to church activity, she was also active in the Draper chapter of the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers. Her husband died April 10, 1943, and Doris passed away October 14, 1969.
comments powered by Disqus