Jeanne M. Nielsen papers
Jeanne M. Nielsen papers
Collection includes correspondence, photographs, greeting cards, and ephemeral items produced and collected by Jeanne M. Nielsen. The materials primarily document her service as a Mormon missionary in the Eastern States Mission between 1963 and 1965, and include references to race riots in Rochester, New York in 1964.
- Extent: 5 boxes (2.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Nielsen, Jeanne M. (Jeanne Merrell), 1942
- Call Number: MSS 3121
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Organized in four series: I. Correspondence, 1963-1976. II. Photographs, circa 1963-1978. III. Greeting cards, circa 1963-1965. IV. Ephemera, circa 1963-1965.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Jeanne M. Nielsen papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3121; Jeanne M. Nielsen papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3121, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Diane Nielsen Call.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS3121.xml
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--East (U.S.)--History--Sources; Merrill family; Nielsen, Jeanne M. (Jeanne Merrell), 1942---Correspondence; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries--New York (State)--History--Sources; Race riots--New York (State)--Rochester--History--Sources; Women missionaries--New York (State)--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Greeting cards; Letters; Photographs; Printed ephemera
- Appraisal Information
- LDS, Utah, and Western American women (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.V, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Nielsen (Jeanne M.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Andrea Wyss
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-05-16T10:13-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Jeanne Lavon Merrell Nielsen (1942- ) was born in Utah to LaVoir and Voniel Merrell, the oldest of five siblings. Jeanne Merrell graduated from Provo High School in 1960 and later attended Brigham Young University. After receiving a semi-professional degree, she served a mission to the Eastern States Mission, where President Wilburn C. West presided, from 1963 to 1965. Jeanne Lavon Merrell returned to Brigham Young University where she earned a BS degree in Business Education /Administration Management in 1968. At Brigham Young University Jeanne Merrell met Douglas Kraig Nielsen. They were married in the Salt Lake City Temple on 25 May 1967.
comments powered by Disqus