Bement family letters
Bement family letters
The collection includes 73 items, including letters between Bingham and Sarah while she was in Kanesville and he was in St. Louis earning money for them to go West; letters between Sarah Bement and Ira and William Mudd discussing payment; and letters between members of the Bement family.
- Extent: 2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Bement, Bingham. -- Bement, Sarah, 1830-1908. -- Mudd, Ida. -- Mudd, William
- Call Number: MSS 3146
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Permission to use materials must be obtained from a curator.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Bement family letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Arranged in 3 series: 1. Sarah and Bingham Bement letters, 1850-1852. 2. Ida/William Mudd and Sarah Bement letters, 1876-1878. 3. Bement family and friends letters, 1849-1853. Arranged chronologically within series.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3146; Bement family letters; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3146, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- (2) Item-level inventories available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS3146.xml http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/VMSS3146.xml
- Subject Terms
- Bement family; Council Bluffs (Iowa)--History; Home and Family; Mormons--Missouri--Saint Louis--History--Sources; Social Life and Customs; Tunbridge (Vt.)--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Bement family letters
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Leslie Evens
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-09-30T10:01-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Bingham Bement was born 2 October 1817 in Tunbridge, Vermont. He married Melissa Russell on 18 April 1840 in Rockingham, Vermont. Melissa died 11 May 1850 in Kanesville, Iowa, after which Bingham married Sarah Julia Hill on 8 June 1850. Bingham was killed in a mill accident in Salt Lake City, Utah, on 23 October 1854. Sarah died on 6 May 1908 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus