Martha Sonntag Bradley research papers
The new site is available at http://archives.lib.byu.edu
Martha Sonntag Bradley research papers
Dates: bulk 1970-2002, 1836-2002
Collection includes research materials created or acquired by Martha Sonntag Bradley for use in her publications: Pedestals & Podiums: Utah Women, Religious Authority & Equal Rights and Four Zinas: A Story of Mothers and Daughters on the Mormon Frontier. It also includes many documents pertaining to the International Women's Year, and the Equal Rights Amendment. These all discuss equal rights for women, the Mormon church and feminism, and the conference itself.
- Extent: 29 boxes (14.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Sonntag, Martha Bradley
- Call Number: MSS 3192
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- The collection contains two archival series: I. Martha Sonntag Bradley research papers for International Women's Year, 1970–2002. II. Martha Sonntag Bradley research papers for Four Zinas, 1836–1975.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Martha Sonntag Bradley research papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3192; Martha Sonntag Bradley research papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3192, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by the creator, Martha Sonntag Bradley.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Martha Sonntag Bradley.
- Other Finding Aids
- A more detailed finding aid is available in the repository upon request.
- Subject Terms
- Sonntag, Martha Bradley--Archives; Equal rights amendments--United States--History--Sources; Feminism--Religious aspects--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; International Women's Year, 1975; Mormon women--Utah; Politics, Government, and Law; Women's rights--Utah--History
- Genre / Form
- Papers (Document genres)
- Appraisal Information
- LDS, Utah, and Western American women (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.V, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Bradley (Martha Sonntag) research papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rachel Anne Givens, Student, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-05-02T12:32-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Martha Sonntag Bradley (born 1951) is a professor in the College of Architecture and Planning at the University of Utah.
Born 1951 in Salt Lake City, Utah, Martha Sonntag Bradley is a professor in the College of Architecture and Planning at the University of Utah, in Salt Lake City, Utah. She taught previously in the history department at Brigham Young University where she received the Distinguished Teaching Award. She has served as president of the Mormon History Association and co-editor of Dialogue: A Journal of Mormon Thought. She has published many journal articles and books, including Pedestals & Podiums: Utah Women, Religious Authority & Equal Rights.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 3192
Martha Sonntag Bradley research papers for International Women's Year
Dates: circa 1971-2002
Martha Sonntag Bradley research papers for Four Zinas
Dates: circa 1836-1975
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts