John K. Fetzer papers
John K. Fetzer papers
Includes photo albums, scrapbooks, newspapers, and pamphlets from Fetzer's missionary service in Germany between 1933 and 1936, as well as correspondence and other materials from the Fetzers's activities. Also includes the autobiography of Naomi Elizabeth Steenblik Fetzer.
- Extent: 2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Fetzer, John K., 1915. -- Fetzer, Naomi Elizabeth, 1917-2001
- Call Number: MSS 3205
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged chronologically.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John K. Fetzer papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3205; John K. Fetzer papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3205, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; John K. Fetzer; 2005.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries; Germany--History--20th century; Mormons--Utah--Biography; Evangelistic work--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--History--20th century; Austria--History--20th century; Switzerland--History--20th century; Fetzer, John K., 1915-; Fetzer, Naomi Elizabeth, 1917-2001; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Austria--History; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Switzerland--History; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Germany--History
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Pamphlets; Photograph albums; Scrapbooks
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Fetzer (John K.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Amy Perez
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-11-03 17:40:02 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
John K. Fetzer (1915-2007) was a Mormon businessman in Utah.
John K. Fetzer was born January 22, 1915 to Kasper J. Fetzer and Bertha Buttler Fetzer in Salt Lake City, Utah. He attended school there, graduating from LDS High School in 1931. He attended the University of Utah for two years, and was subsequently called to serve in the Swiss-German Mission from 1933 to 1936. Over the course of his mission Elder Fetzer was able to observe the growth of the Nazi Party in Germany. Following his return from his mission he worked at the Salt Lake Cabinet and Fixture Company, a business established by his father in 1909. On September 14 he married Naomi Elizabeth Steenblik in the Salt Lake Temple. John built his career working at Salt Lake Cabinet and Fixture, which was later renamed Fetzer's Incorporated. He later became president of the company, and devoted his professional life to the development of the business. In addition to his professional and family activities, he and his family relocated to Germany in 1964, where he served as mission president of the South German Mission from 1964 to 1966. His wife, Naomi Elizabeth Fetzer, died in 2001. Fetzer died in 2007.
comments powered by Disqus