Jessie L. Embry papers
Jessie L. Embry papers
Dates: 1991-1992, 2008-2009
Collection contains correspondence, oral histories, research, and documentation relating to the World War II Homefront Oral History Project, as well as some meeting minutes of the Provo South Stake, dating between 1991-1992 and 2008-2009.
- Extent: 7 folders (0.2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Embry, Jessie L.
- Call Number: MSS 3211
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arrangement in two series: 1) Jessie L. Embry research on the Second World War homefront, 1991-1992 and 2) Jessie L. Embry meeting minutes of the Provo Utah South Stake, 2008-2009.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Jessie L. Embry papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 3211; Jessie L. Embry papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 3211, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Jessie L. Embry in 2005.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Jessie L. Embry; 2005.
- Subject Terms
- Social Life and Customs; Home and Family; World War, 1939-1945--Great Basin--History; World War, 1939-1945--Great Basin--Personal narratives, American; Embry, Jessie L.; World War II Homefront Oral History Project
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Research (Document genres); Oral histories; Records
- Processing Information
- Processed; GlendaLynn Ainsworth; 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Embry (Jessie L.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- GlendaLynn Ainsworth, student processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-02-10 12:06:54 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Jessie L. Embry (b. 1952) is an research professor and educational administrator in Utah.
Jessie L. Embry is the associate director of the Charles Redd Center for Western Studies and an associate research professor at Brigham Young University. She is the author of thirteen books and over one hundred articles on the American West, Utah, and Mormon history. Most of her research is based on oral history. She directed oral history projects on African American Mormons, Asian American Mormons, Polynesian American Mormons, Hispanic American Mormons, and Native American Mormons. She earned both her bachelor's and master's degrees, in history, from Brigham Young University (1973 and 1974, respectively), specializing in oral, Western American, and Mormon history. As of 2000, she has been serving in prominent positions within the Utah State Historical Society, the Mormon History Association, the Utah Women's History Association, Phi Alpha Theta, Phi Kappa Phi, and the National Council for Preservation Education.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 3211
Jessie L. Embry research on the Second World War homefront
Jessie L. Embry meeting minutes of the Provo Utah South Stake
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts